1. Finish THE DARK GODDESS. That goes without saying really and the one resolution I won't forget. But I want to finish it by Febuary, which will be interesting. I've spent the holidays really tearing the plot apart until it's in tatters. The new plot is like a lazer of pain, trauma and INTENSE EMOTION! Much better on all fronts. Now I just have to write it.
2. Get fit. Really at my age it's becoming pretty critical. If anyone (that means you, Jon Mayhew) has tips on how to make jogging interesting, I'd like to know. I've already got the MP3 player.
3. THE SECOND SERIES. This is the one keeping me up at nights. Once TDG is out of the way I'm basically unemployed until I get cracking on the next idea. Various ideas are floating in and out of my head but I want this one to be a show-stopper. Will keep you informed. But NO VAMPIRES.
4. The Christian Bale thing. Since I am already a 15th level Fanboy where can one go? I think Tracy's idea about him playing Billi's dad may be a good one, though rather extreme and unlikely (but hey, what's wrong with extreme ambitions?). Plus I kinda had hybrid crossover of Sean Bean and James Purefoy in mind when I wrote Arthur (though Sarah may disagree).
5. Expand my reading horizons. I really should get into some of the classics if only so I have something else to write about apart from the Iliad. Suggestions would be welcome. I know, I must finish one Dickens, one Jane Austen and one Russian and one French writer this year. That'll do.