Thursday 10 June 2010

Freaksville



Part Two of all things shifter and werewolfy brings us to Kitty Keswick, author of Freaksville (cool title or what?).

It's the first book in a brand new YA Paranormal Romance series from Leap Books wwwleapbks.com.
The story is told through the sixteen-year-old heroine’s blog.

High school is hard enough when you’re normal. There’s peer pressure, book reports, the in crowd and the enormous zit that has a life of its own. Having a family whose skeletons in the closet lean toward the paranormal is not a topper on anyone’s list. Sophomore Kasey Maxwell is busy juggling the typical teen angst. Add visions, ghosts and hairy four-legged monsters into the mix and you get FREAKSVILLE. It’s a wonder Kasey has survived.

Every woman in the Maxwell family has the gift of sight. A talent sixteen-year-old Kasey would gladly give up. All she wants is a normal life. Shopping and talking about boys with her best friend and long-time sidekick Gillie Godshall consume her days. Until Kasey has a vision about Josh Johnstone, the foreign exchange student from England. The vision leads her into new waters, a lead in a play, a haunted theater…and into the arms of the Josh. Yet, both Kasey and Josh have secrets lurking in dark corners. Can Kasey’s new romance survive FREAKSVILLE?

Kasey’s Blog:

Ack! I’m in Freaksville! On my sixteenth birthday what did I get? A car? A pony? No. I got the gift of sight. Soooo not fair! It’s a gift I totally wish I had a receipt for…I’d return to sender. I didn’t ask to be freak girl. The kicker is if I touch something I get visions. Now why couldn’t I turn invisible? That’s a gift I could use. Sheesh. If it wasn’t for my BFF Gillie I’d go insane. That was until I touched a pencil belonging to Josh-Hottie-Foreign-Exchange-Student-from-England. He’s sooo cute, jet-black hair, bright blue eyes…whenever I’m around him my stomach does backflips.


Kasey’s Fab Five Favs
1. The British accent…and snogging. It sounds gross, but believe me it isn’t.
2. Cute guy in English class. (Josh)
3. Snogging…again, believe me, it rocks!
4. Shopping ’til I melt into the mall. (A given.)
5. Oh yes and snogging, smooching, kissing Josh!

XOXOX - Kasey

Great, don't you think? Well, in addition to fantasising about snogging English dudes I asked Kitty about werewolves; her faves, her fears, her furry delights.

1.What's your favourite werewolf book?
The first book I read that had Weres was Laurel K. Hamilton's, Guilty Pleasure, in the Anita Blake series. I wouldn't say they were scary, I've never read a scary werewolf book.
2. Favourite wereewolf movie?
I saw American Werewolf in London, when I was a kid and was terrified. I didn't sleep at all that night. I recently had the opportunity to see it again, and realized how funny it actually was. It's strange how things scare the bejesus out of you as a kid ...and now, well, are almost comical. I always liked horror flicks,even though I'd watched them through my fingers.
3. And tell us a bit about your weres.
I have Lycans in my book. They shift into wolves. Only the males shift, the females have visions. The young males shift at the full moon. As they get older they can control when and how long. But the packs are basically male shifters....Until, Kasey comes along and everything is tossed up and swirled around. She's a half-breed mixed with Valkyrie. (a type of Fae)
4. Cheers, my dear. Any last words to your fans in Blighty?
My books aren't really horror, there's humor, paranormal, suspense, romance...etc. My first book Freaksville is a lot lighter than the second book, Furry and Freaked. I was afforded more freedom in book two, it's darker and has more shifting. I mix the werewolf up with ghost and other creatures to give it a different edge.

Kitty shares her blog with alpha female Judith, so do check them both out on wolfychicks. You know it's the right thing to do.

2 comments:

Kitty Keswick said...

Thanks for having me. It was fun chatting werewolves with a fellow wolfy fan.

Carrie said...

Ahhh, thanks for reminding me I have to go place a preorder over on Amazon.UK!!